If you're new to Medicare, retiring soon or leaving your spouse's employer health plan, you're in good hands. MediGold has been insuring Medicare beneficiaries for nearly two decades. Our Personal Advisors are part of your community and can provide you with free assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, you're eligible for Medicare if you are 65 or older, under 65 with certain disabilities or have end-stage renal disease.
- Medicare Part A covers hospital care. There is generally not a cost associated with Part A if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes while working.
- Medicare Part B covers certain doctor's services, outpatient care and other medical services. Once you sign up for Medicare Part B, you'll pay around $134 a month (varies by income) which is typically deducted from your social security check.
- Medicare Part C is the private part of Medicare called Medicare Advantage. Many people who are new to Medicare find Medicare Advantage plans, like MediGold, attractive because they combine hospital, doctor and drug coverage in one plan and offer extra benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage. Most MediGold plans automatically include Part D coverage and $0 copays for preferred generic drugs.
MediGold offers all parts in one easy plan to keep things easy for you.*
If you're already receiving Social Security benefits, you'll automatically receive your Medicare card 3 months before your 65th birthday. If you don't already have Medicare Parts A and B, you'll need to contact Social Security
When you first become eligible for Medicare, you have a seven month special enrollment period that begins 3 months before the month you turn 65 and extends 3 months after the month you turn 65. Feel free to contact us up to six months before your birthday to discuss MediGold plan options.
MediGold, a Medicare Advantage plan, is attractive to many because we combine hospital, doctor and drug coverage in one plan and offer extra benefits not covered by Original Medicare. For instance, MediGold plans include a $0 SilverSneakers fitness club membership, $0 annual hearing exam, $0 annual eye exam, an optional dental plan and more. Plus, MediGold monthly premiums are generally more affordable than Medicare supplements or Medigap policies.
If you're planning to retire soon we can help you too. Talk to us to learn how to avoid Medicare penalties. Everyone's situation is different so let our Personal Advisors provide you free guidance.
Our free seminars are the perfect place to get answers to your questions.
RSVP for a Free Seminar
Want complete information about all MediGold plans?
Request Free Information Guide
Personal assistance is just a call away!
Arrange a no obligation one-on-one appointment today.
1-800-964-4525 (TTY 711)
Bev, MediGold Personal Advisor
Making a great choice is easier than you think with MediGold!
– Bev, MediGold Personal Advisor
*MediGold Medical Only (HMO) does not include Part D drug coverage.