If you're new to Medicare, retiring soon or leaving your spouse's employer health plan, Welcome to MediGold. MediGold has been insuring Medicare beneficiaries for more than two decades. Our Personal Advisors are part of your community and can provide you with free assistance.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
From January 1 through March 31, 2019, Medicare Advantage members can switch plans one time. If you're enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you have a one-time opportunity through the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period to:
1. Switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan.
2. Drop your current Medicare Advantage plan and return to Original Medicare Parts A and B.
3. Sign up for a stand-alone Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan (if you return to Original Medicare).
Some Medicare activities are off-limits for you during the Open Enrollment Period. You cannot:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan, if you're currently in Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another, if you're currently in Original Medicare.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, you're eligible for Medicare if you are 65 or older, under 65 with certain disabilities or have end-stage renal disease.
- Medicare Part A covers hospital care. There is generally not a cost associated with Part A if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes while working.
- Medicare Part B covers certain doctor's services, outpatient care and other medical services. Once you sign up for Medicare Part B, you'll pay around $134 a month (varies by income) which is typically deducted from your social security check.
- Medicare Part C is the private part of Medicare called Medicare Advantage. Many people who are new to Medicare find Medicare Advantage plans, like MediGold, attractive because they combine hospital, doctor and drug coverage in one plan and offer extra benefits not covered by Original Medicare.
- Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage. Most MediGold plans automatically include Part D coverage and $0 copays for preferred generic drugs.
MediGold offers all parts in one easy plan to keep things easy for you.*
If you're already receiving Social Security benefits, you'll automatically receive your Medicare card 3 months before your 65th birthday. If you don't already have Medicare Parts A and B, you'll need to contact Social Security
When you first become eligible for Medicare, you have a seven month special enrollment period that begins 3 months before the month you turn 65 and extends 3 months after the month you turn 65. Feel free to contact us up to six months before your birthday to discuss MediGold plan options.
MediGold is a Medicare Advantage plan. Thousands of members find MediGold attractive because we combine hospital, medical and drug coverage in one plan along with extra benefits not covered by Original Medicare or a Medicare Supplement. Plus, MediGold monthly premiums are generally more affordable than Medicare supplements.
Some of the extra MediGold benefits include:
- A free SilverSneakers membership that provides access to more than 15,000 fitness centers across the nation.
- Preventive dental services at no extra cost with most plans, in addition to comprehensive coverage in an optional supplemental dental plan for a low monthly premium.
- Two levels of hearing aids that come in a variety of styles and colors offered at a fraction of the retail price.
If you're planning to retire soon we can help you too. Talk to us to learn how to avoid Medicare penalties. Everyone's situation is different so let our Personal Advisors provide you free guidance.
Our free seminars are the perfect place to get answers to your questions.
RSVP for a Free Seminar
Want complete information about all MediGold plans?
Request Free Information Guide
Personal assistance is just a call away!
Arrange a no obligation one-on-one appointment today.
1-800-964-45251-800-964-4525 (TTY 711)
Making a great choice is easier than you think with MediGold!
-Colin, MediGold Sales Supervisor
*MediGold Medical Only (HMO) does not include Part D drug coverage.