Chronic Condition Improvement Program - Chronic Obstructive
Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
The goal of this improvement program aims to improve the functional status of members diagnosed with COPD. Case managers help members develop self-management skills for managing and minimizing symptoms.
- Engage the member, and the member's support system, in establishing a consistent relationship with the case manager.
- Ensure community resource availability and provisions.
- Adherence to a collaborative care plan.
- Support toward the member and his/her provider by establishing an ongoing relationship.
- Improve the quality of life for members diagnosed with COPD.
- Reduce or eliminate tobacco/nicotine use.
- Reduce or eliminate known disease-complicating factors.
- Education and support for anxiety reduction skills.
- Develop member, and member's support system, with skill, knowledge and actions to de-escalate COPD exacerbation.